Panasonic Releases Three New Full-HD Camcorders Designed for Active Use
Catering for those looking for a versatile and durable camcorder that can confidently take footage under pressure, Panasonic is pleased to introduce three new Full-HD upright camcorders that are designed for active use. Depending on your level of activeness, Panasonic has the model for you – from the Full-HD HX-DC2 with Active E.I.S for blur-free shooting, to the 3 metre waterproof HX-WA2, to the ultimate 3 metre waterproof and dustproof designed HX-WA20 – there’s a camcorder for every active occasion. All the new additions feature an ergonomic vertical design for stable, single-handed shooting.
Leading the pack, the WA20 allows users to enjoy exciting outdoor shooting even in harsh conditions. The stylish WA20 is optimized for shooting in not only rainy weather but also dusty conditions by keeping moisture and dust out of the camera interior. Offering users more shooting fun in a variety of conditions, such as snorkeling and rugged outdoor activities, the WA20 is set to be a firm favourite.
Successor to the award winning HX-WA10, the WA20 takes a major step forward in image quality with the use of a new image sensor and image-enhancing engine that captures images in dimly lit situations, such as parties and sunset scenes in stunningly beautiful Full-HD glory.
• Carefully designed, the WA20 can be used to a depth of 3 meters underwater for up to 60 minutes
• Can be used in dusty areas with no worry about dust getting inside the camera
• With its dustproof design, the WA20 is ideal for taking to the beach without worrying about sand getting into the interior. This is a camcorder for enjoying life, not a camcorder to be kept indoors safe and sound.
• Perfect for more shooting fun in a variety of conditions, such as snorkeling, sking, surfing and rugged outdoor activities
• This newly added feature offers creative video shooting
• Records images at an impressive 240 fps (640 x 360) for 15 seconds or at 480 fps (320 x 180) for 15 seconds, and plays slow-motion images at 60 fps
• This lets users capture great moments in sports for example
• This wide-angle lens gives the user a wider range of composition possibilities, allowing them to fit more of their desired scene into the shot
• Ideal for shooting field sports at a wide angle, or shooting spacious landscapes for example
• Thanks to the Intelligent 15x Zoom2 users can shoot faraway subjects with ease
• For more creative filming, the Panorama Mode enables dynamic 360/180 panorama shooting
• Simply swing the camera up, down, left or right to take easy vertical or horizontal images
• The WA20 features a number of user friendly features that work to help users produce the best movie footage
• For example, HDR (Back Light Compensation) is when three images are taken at different exposures, and then combined to record one optimal still image while suppressing blown highlights and blocked shadows
• Another correction process, HDR (Paint), gives still images an artistic, painting-like effect for more enjoyment and creative freedom
• Incredibly responsive, the WA20 captures decisive moments even in fast-moving scenes
• Ten consecutive images at 3-megapixel resolution are fired off at 1-second intervals for a total of 40 continuous images in about 4 seconds
• This helps to catch fleeting photo opportunities in fast-moving situations like sports
• Fast and durable, the WA20 is the perfect outdoor companion
• The MPEG-4 AVC file format (MP4) is convenient for uploading and editing images with a PC or the Internet
• The format features high compression that results in small files that are easy to share
• iFrame files are designed to speed up video editing. With iFrame, the video in your camera is the same format you'll edit, so it's fast to import and edit with compatible video editing applications such as iMovie.
• Sharing movie footage with friends and families is of keen interest to users, which is why Panasonic has made it so easy
• Designed with users in mind, the built-in uploader is activated by connecting the HX-WA20 to a PC via USB
• Simply select the video inside the camera in advance for easy uploading to SNS websites
• Catering for all your imaging needs the WA20 can also shoot high-quality, 16-megapixel still images by pressing a single button
• Intelligent resolution
• BSI Sensor for bright, stunning Full-HD video shooting
• Active E.I.S. (Electrical Image Stabilizer) for powerful, 4-axis hand-shake correction
• Automatic optimal settings with iA (Intelligent Auto) mode
• Captures faces beautifully with Face Detection
• Handheld Night Shot
• Clearly records sound with stereo microphones
• High-speed Reverse Consecutive Shooting
• Macro Shooting
• Nine-point Auto Focus
• Manual Shooting
• A stylish, easy-to-hold vertical design
• 2.6 -inch wide TFT LCD monitor, which is capable of rotating 285 degrees
• Eye-fi Card compatibility for easy transferring of image data to a PC
• Micro HDMI Terminal for even more beautiful Full-HD resolution
• Compatible with the SDXC Memory Card for large-capacity recording
Sitting alongside the WA20, the new WA2 with be popular among sun holidayers, winter holidayers, cyclists, walkers and skiers to name but a few. Fully waterproof – you can take the HX-WA2 underwater as deep as 3 meters for up to 60 minutes , and get some great photos or videos in a pool or the ocean. Waterproofing also means users can shoot in the rain or snow with no worries5 – so now there’s no reason not to record your adventures whether it’s rain, snow or shine!
With an Intelligent 15x Zoom , not only can users shoot faraway subjects with ease, but images will be blur free thanks to the Active E.I.S.
In addition to the Full-HD video shooting, the WA2 also records 14-Megapixel still images – ensuring all imaging needs are catered for. For further enjoyment, the WA2 includes Panorama mode for creative videoing.
The slim and lightweight WA2 boasts a stylish, easy-to-hold vertical design – ideal for capturing footage on the move. The WA2 can easily fit into a pocket so it’s always close at hand to capture your adventures.
The upright DC2 is the perfect lifestyle camcorder to capture all your leisure and fun! Suitable for active use thanks to the Active E.I.S for blur-free shooting, the DC2 also features the Intelligent 15x Zoom, ensuring users can capture subjects in the distance with ease.
Don’t let the size fool you – this slim and sleek vertical camcorder can record Full HD video (1920 x 1080), as well as 14-Megapixel still picture recording. With its pocketable dimensions and ergonomic design you may find it hard leaving the house without it!
Operation of the new models is very easy thanks to the included HD Writer VE2.0 software, which is compatible with both YouTube™ and Facebook™. The software features a "Smart Wizard" that starts up as soon as the Full-HD Camcorder is connected to the USB port of a PC. By simply following the on-screen guidance, even someone who has never used the software can easily copy video clips to a PC or DVD disc without getting lost in the process.
Panasonic’s new active range of camcorders give users more opportunities to shoot in a variety of conditions. In situations where traditionally the camcorder would have had to stay at home – thanks to these new additions you can be sure to capture every minute!