Changing photography through style and substance
Aug 1, 2013: Panasonic’s new LUMIX GX7 interchangeable lens camera, sports a retro-classic design, and packs impressive advanced features and creative functions that will help change your photography. The camera’s elegant design is evocative of the classical photographic age, making it perfect for the style-conscious enthusiast to carry with them every day.
Exceptional results in any light
Advanced photography is all about balanced compositions, and the LUMIX GX7 provides the image quality needed to achieve exceptional results, every time. In particular, the camera performs beautifully in low-light situations, enabling you to bring out the energy of the city at night or the peace of the countryside at dawn.
The speed to capture the unexpected:
As the perfect shot doesn’t always wait for you, the LUMIX GX7 has been built for speed. The camera’s Light Speed Auto Focus (AF) means you can capture fast-moving street scenes – from dancers in a parade to streams of morning commuters – with beautiful clarity and sharp precision.
The creative choice
The LUMIX GX7 allows you to express your individuality through its creative and manual controls, ensuring your personality comes through in every image and video captured. New advanced monochrome and colour filters enable you to fine tune each shot manually.
Complete shooting flexibility
The LUMIX GX7 has been designed to give you total shooting flexibility so you can capture the perfect image, whatever the situation. Compose your shots via a newly integrated 90-degree tilt-able Live View Finder (LVF) or with the high resolution touch-screen LCD, which allows you to set the focus and exposure with just one touch.
Housed in a magnesium alloy body – and available in black or silver - the LUMIX GX7 has the high quality and premium aesthetics to complement your style. Every part of the camera is designed to enhance the sophisticated metallic profile, while ensuring robust durability.
The widest choice of lenses and accessories
As part of the LUMIX G system, the LUMIX GX7 will provide you with access to the world’s largest range of Micro Four Thirds lenses and accessories, ensuring you have the right equipment to capture every moment. These include the new single focal length LUMIX G 20 mm / F1.7 II ASPH - H-H020A lens. This model features a newly-designed metallic profile alongside sleek, sophisticated design features that are elegantly finished in black and silver.
Barnaby Sykes, Product Marketing Manager LUMIX G at Panasonic UK, comments: “For creative and design-conscious photography enthusiasts, your camera is an extension of your life. At Panasonic we have a deep understanding about the joy of photography. We were pivotal in changing photography with our LUMIX G range"
• Exceptional image quality: With a 16.0-megapixel Live MOS Image Sensor and the high-end Venus Engine image processor, the LUMIX GX7 provides the exceptional image quality, even when shooting at night.
• Stylish, ultra-compact and lightweight: The classically-designed LUMIX GX7 is the ideal new addition to the photography enthusiast’s arsenal, and weighing just 402g with the battery and SD Card, it is easy to carry with you everywhere.
• Assisting your creativity: Behind the beautifully classic chassis, the LUMIX GX7 boasts simple, intuitive controls and advanced functions to help you get more from your photography. Two separate dials on the front and back of the camera’s body makes manual shooting extremely intuitive, while creative modes including Creative Panorama, Time Lapse Shot, Stop Motion Animation and Clear Retouch - in addition to the Creative Control mode – provide you with a total of 22 filter effects featuring new Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome and Monochrome.
• Silent Shooting: Featuring a completely silent shutter mode you can capture that perfect ‘street photography’ shot without disturbing the subject.
• Advanced connectivity: Instantly sharing photos with your interchangeable lens camera has never been easier, thanks to the LUMIX GX7’s Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology. You can connect the camera to your smartphone or tablet with just one touch, allowing you to upload and share easily. In addition, you can use your smartphone or tablet as a remote control giving you more creative freedom.
• Cinematic video quality: Panasonic’s LUMIX G system is renowned for pushing the boundaries of video quality from an interchangeable lens camera, and this continues with the LUMIX GX7. Boasting Full HD 1920 x 1080 high quality video recording in AVCHD Progressive and MP4 with stereo sound, the LUMIX GX7’s sensor advances means you can achieve stunningly clear and sharp videos.