• Waterproof/Dustproof Performance - This camera’s waterproof/dustproof rating complies with the “IPX8” and “IP6X” ratings. Provided the care and maintenance guidelines described in this document are strictly followed, this camera can operate underwater, to a depth not exceeding 12 m for a time not exceeding 60 minutes. (*1)
• Anti-shock Performance - This camera also complies with “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock”. The camera has cleared a drop test from a height of 2 m onto 3 cm thick plywood. In most cases this camera should not sustain any damage if dropped from a height not exceeding 2 m. (*2)
• This does not guarantee no destruction, no malfunction, or waterproofing in all conditions.
*1 This means that the camera can be used underwater for specified time in specified pressure in accordance with the handling method established by Panasonic.
*2 “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock” is the test method standard of the U.S. Defense Department, which specifies performing drop tests from a height of 122 cm, at 26 orientations (8 corners, 12 ridges, 6 faces) using 5 sets of devices, and passing the 26 orientation drops within 5 devices. (If failure occurs during the test, a new set is used to pass the drop orientation test within a total of 5 devices)
• Panasonic’s test method is based on the above “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock”. However, the drop height was changed from 122 cm to 200 cm dropping onto 3 cm thick plyboard. This drop test was passed. (Disregarding appearance change such as loss of paint or distortion of the part where drop impact is applied.)
[ Handling of the camera ]
• Waterproofing is not guaranteed if the unit is subject to an impact as a result of being hit or dropped etc. If an impact to the camera occurs, it should be inspected (subject to a fee) by a Panasonic’s Service Centre to verify that the waterproofing is still effective.
• When the camera is splashed with detergent, soap, hot spring, bath additive, sun oil, sun screen, chemical, etc., wipe it off immediately.
• Waterproof function of the camera is for sea water and fresh water only.
• Any malfunction caused by customer misuse, or mishandling will not be covered by the warranty.
• The inside of this unit is not waterproof. Water leakage will cause malfunction.
• Supplied accessories are not waterproof (excluding strap).
• Card and battery are not waterproof. Do not handle with a wet hand. Also, do not insert wet card or battery into the camera.
• Do not leave the camera for a long period of time in places where temperature is very low (at ski resorts or at high altitude etc.) or very high (above 40 oC), inside a car under strong sunlight, close to a heater, on the beach, etc. Waterproof performance may be degraded.
*Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.
*The LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company's quality standards.
*The "AVCHD" is a high definition (HD) digital video recording / playback format jointly established by Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
*The "AVCHD" and the "AVCHD” logos are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
*AVCHD motion images recorded onto an SD Memory Card or a DVD disc cannot be played from a device that does not support the AVCHD standard.
*Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
*HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
• GPS may not work in China or in the border regions of countries neighbouring China.
• Depending on the locations, it may not be possible to correctly receive the signals from the GPS satellites. In such cases, positioning may not be possible, or significant positioning discrepancy may occur.
*All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
*This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
*Some accessories are not available in some countries.
*The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
*Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
• Motion images can be recorded continuously for up to 29 min 59 sec.
• If [Rec Quality] is set to [GFS] or [FSH], and if the surrounding temperature is high, or motion picture is recorded continuously, is displayed, and the recording may be stopped halfway through.
• Continuous recording exceeding 2GB is not possible when recording motion JPEG. Remaining time for continuous recording is displayed on the screen.
• Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording motion pictures in [AVCHD]. Also, use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 6" or higher when recording motion pictures in [MOTION JPEG].
* SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.